Saturday, August 17, 2013

10 Most Annoying things people say

My list of top 10 dumb things people say! :-)

# 1 Did I wake you?
No. Sometimes I like to lay limp and breath heavily with my eyes closed.

# 2 I, personally
After saying "I", do you really feel the need to stress the fact that you're making a personal statement? You had me at I.

# 3 It is what it is
If by "it", you mean redundant nonsense, then "it" sure is.

# 4 Don't judge a book by its cover
Really? What better way is there to judge a book?

# 5 There are no stupid questions
If there are no stupid questions, then what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they get smart just in time to ask questions? - Scott Adams

# 6 You know what I'm saying?
Hmmm... Why did you take the time to learn the English language (assuming that you did) if you're going to ask this question after every third word? You either think I have comprehension problems or you doubt your skills as a speaker. Which is it?

# 7 It's Always in the last place you look
No it isn't. I find it then I keep looking around to take inventory of where it wasn't. Of course, it was in the last place I looked. Why would I keep looking after I've found it?

# 8 Think outside of the box
Why didn't you tell me that earlier. I've been sitting in this damned box for 4 days straight, trying to figure out why I was in it to begin with.

# 9 I thought to myself
That's kind of how it works. Well, at least until they create brain wifi. Or are you so used to thinking for other people that you had to make the distinction.

# 10 It's a piece of cake
Firstly, no, it isn't. I've never heard someone say "it's a piece of cake" when referring to an actual piece of cake. Who would have to explain that to someone, anyhow? Secondly, what makes cake a symbol for simplicity? How many people do you know that can bake a cake, from scratch, without instructions? I can't. Even if you can bake a cake, it's still not easy enough to be considered the poster child for ease. Baking takes a lot more time and attention than cooking. Maybe they meant pancake? "It's as easy as a pancake". It sounds stupid but it's more fitting than cake.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Courtesy: Yahoo Voices, Yahoo contributor network.  I love reading your blogs! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment